I feel like I've seen strawberry and cream muffins all over the place; in magazines, on Pinterest, and Food Network. I took it as an omen that I needed to make some.
Let me tell you... these quickly became a new favorite and will be something I make often!
I followed a Nigela Lawson recipe. It's as simple of a baking recipe as you can get.
1 cup strawberries, diced into quarter inch pieces
1 squeeze of lemon juice
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla extra
1 tsp. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 and line mini muffin tins with baking cups.
2. Put diced strawberries in a bowl and spritz lemon juice on them and stir.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, and baking powder.
4. In a small bowl, beat together oil, sour cream, vanilla, and egg. Pour mixture over dry ingredients, stirring to combine with a wooden spoon. Fold in strawberries.
5. Divide batter into paper cups evenly. Back for 12-14 minutes (mine were done in 12 minutes).
6. Place on a wire rack to cool. Once cool, shake sieve of powdered sugar over muffins.
Make these! You won't regret it!